Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Heartwarming News : Nigeria Says Ebola Disease Now Contained, 2 More Patients Discharged


Nigeria Tuesday formally announced the containment of the deadly Ebola virus in the oil rich West African State. The Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, made the announcement in a statement signed by Dan Nwomeh, his Special Assistant on Media and Communication, following a press briefing. 'As I speak to you, Nigeria has only one confirmed case of EVD, a secondary contact of Mr. Patrick Sawyer's and spouse of one of the physicians who participated in the management of the index case. She is stable but still on treatment at the Isolation ward in Lagos. 'So far, all the reported cases of the EVD in Nigeria have their root in the index case, the late Mr. Patrick Sawyer. This is an indication that, thus far, Nigeria has contained the disease outbreak,' Chukwu said.

The Minister disclosed that since the disease was 'imported' to Nigeria by Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian/American man, over over a month ago, Nigeria has had thirteen (13) cases of EVD including the index case. He said: 'Of these thirteen (13), five (5), including the index case unfortunately did not survive the disease and are now late. 'However, seven (7) of the infected persons were successfully managed at the Isolation ward in Lagos and have been discharged home.'Two (2) of treated patients, a male doctor and a female nurse were discharged yesterday evening, 25th August, 2014 having satisfied the criteria for discharge. 'I wish to reassure Nigerians and indeed the global community that the Government shall remain vigilant and will not relent as Government continues to work with her partners to ensure that the disease is kept out of the country.

Thank you.'
More than 1200 persons have died from Ebola since the current outbreak in West Africa with Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone accounting for over 90 percent of the victims.

28 comments:

  1. Finally a sigh of relief for Nigerians. Good job by the health ministry

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right dear, at last, now we can't be scorned by foreigners especially when we are traveling out of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this is happening. Ope ooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to know! God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At some point I felt maybe this ebola is never gonna go again,, woop! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, I'm sure it's the hand of God that healed Nigeria from Ebola.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray!!! I just ran into this news on Google, and I was over-joyed. Thanks to Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now we all can go about our daily businesses with no fear or panic! great news

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm filled with joy as I'm here now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy, and at the same time I feel sad because of the loss of those health workers that died at the breakout of ebola in Nigeria... I feel for their families.. May they all rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amazing news.. It was called breaking new, and it's truly a breaking news . Long awaited news.. God be with Nigeria. Omo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please! everyone, I receomend this blog, it's packed with stuffs that I was marveled to see here. I will spread the good work this site is doing... @www.ymzonline.blogspot.com
    I love you guys there. The owner; Magnus Hyacinth, and your co-workers...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just on time that this news came!what a great relief to all Nigerians, more so to our people in diaspora!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will forever be grateful to God Almighty for this miracle! indeed it is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Minister of Health, our amiable President, Goodluck Jonathan and all those who joined hands to fight this epidemic, called Ebola Virus Disease to finish in Nigeria, I commend you all. You guys have done so well. I won't forget God Almighty who gave his grace and mercy to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a trying period for every Nigerian during the time this ebola was at its peak. Thanks Goodness, that it's over now..

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend just sent me a text message about stumbling into this news on this blog, and I couldn't wait but to rush into it and confirm. I'm thrilled at some many other gist that I see here. I've bookmarked this site

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't see anyone who would visit this site, and wouldn't wanna bookmark it for frequent visiting, I mean, check out the pictures in here, they look so lovely, and the writings too, wow! they are lovely, and there's also lots of interesting info too. I love it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wanna thank God for this news, so ebola will soon be a fairy tale in Naija huh? I'm cool with it

    ReplyDelete
  20. All smiles to our Presido, and his team, cos' I'm sure they will be glad more than we do, because it would have given them more sleepless nights than all of us, knowing the stigma it would bring to their reputation in before the outside community. This is good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What matters to everybody is that the ebola is gone for good. It doesn't matter who feels it most, every Nigerian were feeling it, even the international communities felt it as well. So it's a collective effort that helped eradicate it... I pray it leaves Liberia and other African countries too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I still feel Nigerians are blessed because this fight against ebola wasn't such an easy one, it has been seen dealt with many African countries badly, but here Nigeria has nipped it in the bud, great achievement to them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So so so happy, now I can prepare for my travel, as this ebola has kept me grounded these past months.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This will also prepare Nigerian Airport Authority to be on guard as to always monitor people that come into the country, at least to place a strong medical check to avoid a repeat of this incident....

    ReplyDelete
  25. In all these jubilation, you all should also remember to keep on @washingyourhandsalways# because they say constant washing of hands will enable one not to catch not just ebola but other life-threatening diseases as well. So take note.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Students in the secondary and primary schools have also resumed last Monday, it's because of this news... while some schools haven't yet resumed, so I heard

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm happy myself, to be here and find this news too. I've heard it but not really seen much comments about it anywhere, this blog must be very captivating oooo!!!! Love it anyways..lol.

    ReplyDelete