Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Good Morning Nigerians With Magnus Hyacinth: "Beauty & Burden Of Democracy" Episode I



Over the years, many erudite scholars as well as people of good-will around the world had sometime over centuries gone by given a great thought as to which process should be invented to revolutionize the state of governance around the human subsistence, as such that every individual can have a palisade and also participate directly or indirectly to the affairs that may shape their lives comparatively, for the common good of all that inhabit this very ecosystem of great divide; and thus the noble novelty known as ‘Democracy’ came into play.

And from the little explanation I have cited so far, one needs not to be told that this Democracy is an institution that is founded on integrity, selflessness, all-encompassing and ingenuity, to say only but a few. Then, it is very simple to deduce the full and absolute definition of this institution ‘Democracy’ without much argument, going by what has been transmitted herein.


To many, Democracy may mean so many things, According to Wikipedia "Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens are meant to participate equally – either directly or, through elected representatives, indirectly – in the proposal, development and establishment of the laws by which their society is run".

In my own affirmation , I would define Democracy is an institutional process, a vehicle or a drive established through inherent genuineness, to steer the all-inclusive participation of individuals in molding a secured living in the very ambiance of their existence, through a rational selection/election of representatives within the entire populace.

This then gears towards restricting the unnecessary, careless and unruly powers and fiats that those in the position of influence ‘Leaders’ most times display over their subjects, the ‘led’, since their actions can now be monitored and questioned if need be, due to the process through which they are nominated, as their sole duty will be to act at the behest of those that adopted them.
There and then, the premise of discourse known as the “Beauty and burden of Democracy “
becomes visible.

Follow me on this Good Morning Nigerians on Young Money Zone Blog for the subsequent episodes.

11 comments:

  1. I love this, Magnus, it's sure a great piece of writing, was wondering why this your good morning Nigerians wasn't on anymore, thought maybe it has relapsed. I'm happy it's here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple truth, no complicated terms. I feel your vibes on this seriously, this is classic, and your definition of Democracy is in actual sense what it is, point blank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That democracy defined by you is superb, I must commend you on that. Now I know there there is even beauty and burden in democracy, life is funny, but yet so good, it is wide and not one person could understand it all. Thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This topic is so interesting, honestly, I'm glad to have come across this, and I'm hoping to be getting more of the episodes. It has opened my mind's eyes that there are still burden in a positive perception in something so worthwhile as democracy. Why haven't I thought about this all along. Lol! You are the man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got the stance on how to define your subjects to make it very clear even to the lower academic person, it's something I love so much about your writings.

    " a vehicle or a drive established through inherent genuineness, to steer the all-inclusive participation of individuals in molding a secured living in the very ambiance of their existence, through a rational selection/election of representatives within the entire populace"

    I love this so much, and also the way you begin your writing is very unique. Do review books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm reading this kind of thing from a young Nigerian. You truly wield great experience, and I must say the sky is your starting point. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't stop to say a word, because I'm happy good morning Nigerians is back again. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound education brings about sound thinking, it's been displayed in your writing. Ride on Boss, always on your back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life without education is a like a container without any content. I'm glad to be on this path, and I feel so glad whenever I come across people walking that same path, and most of all, using their knowledge to impact others good. Magnus Hyacinth, you are such a genius, I admire your wits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got you on this one again, your lines are so clear as crystal. Thumps up

    ReplyDelete
  11. Democracy is the best form of government, I think Nigeria doesn't just realize this, and that is why they're yet to appreciate it by the way we're all behaving. I'm loving this right here.

    ReplyDelete