Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Good Morning Nigerians: Out Cast "Osu Caste System" Saga And Its Impediments-With Magnus Hyacinth Episode I

Someone treated as Out Caste goes to live as a solitude, so sad!

In my little or short time of stay on earth, I've been able to pass through some sort of learning-which I may affirm that in these few years of scholarship; I have managed to establish a broader horizon and approach towards life and its nature. Hence LIFE leaves me with a clear picture of what I may call
" What you make it"

So, this above thesis or hypothesis stated herein means or entails in its entirety that Life is what you make it to be. It can never be visualized the other way round- in that some may coin it as  "You are what life makes you"  I absolutely reject this avowal. And I quite believe that every ardent scholar can acquiesce to my resignation towards the meaning of life as I have referred within the context of this topic. As a human who's life engagements and undertakings have been confined within the vista of life' through direct relationship from immediate family, society and academic landscape; it is not a gain-saying to say; But suffice it to allege that I have been acquainted with the very best of life's potential gift - Humanity'.

From the perspective of humanity, often times on the portrait that life features- some assert that 'Life is not fair to humanity at all'   but this is a resignation which every well meaning person under the aegis of life should be able to reject in its totality; because  life cannot be unfair to its progeny.  I think it is we, the humans that are not being fair to life, if I may say.


The conspicuous outlook of my avowal can be envisioned on the lip-service, shallow and shabby-kind of brotherhood we the "Igbo Extraction" share or maintain amongst ourselves in our own very terrain.
Someone treated as Outcaste, how is this seen as right?

Going by the magnanimity of life via creation, man was made to be an independent entity devoid of restrictions either by God the creator or life itself in which humanity subsists. In not many words; mankind was granted ultimate authority to exploit and thrive in the milieu of his environment. I cannot remember when God tagged his human creation as some being "Slaves" while others being "Free-born". To the best of my knowledge which has its foundation from the Holy Bible- which I may possibly term the "Manual of Life on earth" - discrimination against another has always been a great evil to anyone that exhibits, displays or abets it. The orchestration of this devilish act of discrimination by some of our Igbo people on some of the Igbo race, otherwise known as "Osu Caste" in its general term "Out Cast" is quite discriminatory. It is evil and also erodes the morals of humanity- that is inherent in every human person by virtue of God the creator of Mankind.

Avail yourself the time to follow us on Good Morning Nigerians, to be in the know with all our breath-taking and burning issues on this Platform

7 comments:

  1. Is this kind of barbaric act still in display at this present age? Wow! that means the people doing it may be seen as Atavist.... They're living in the ancient and primitive times. May they get enlightenment so they can change and accept other people as themselves. Discrimination is evil at the highest order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think that Nigeria is one of the most enlightened nation in Africa, is this kind of act still going on there? Oh! I'm sad, because it hurts to know that people are still victim of some nefarious and erroneous beliefs. I pray God help them come over this evil act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post had brought me to the fore of the Untouchables that existed in the ancient Indian nation, and Mahatma Gandhi was the one who fought for it's liberation, just as Nelson Mandela of Africa fought for apartheid. I hope that your good works will ensure the termination and destruction of this act from your nation.

    God bless you Magnus Hyacinth for exposing this act that is threatening to human's co-existence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about this Osu stuff in Lagos amongst the Ibos, and I'm still wondering what kind of people are they, does it mean they look like aliens or they are not like every other human being like us? If they are not some monsters then, those calling them such names as Out Cast should be punished, because everyone is equal before God.

    I'll love to know more about this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is barbaric act, sad to know it's happening in my own country, but not really from my state. You people should stop doing this evil, it's very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unacceptable, it must be rejected in any society.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People doing this is evil in its pure form, no other word to make it seem justifiable, this is very very bad.

    ReplyDelete