Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Chris Brown Opens Up About Getting Fat In Jail And Seeking Therapy!


Chris Brown sat down with Extra's Mario Lopez to promote his new album "X", and the hip hop bad boy didn't shy away from discussing his past mistakes, specifically the time he spent in jail.

"It was definitely one of the things I’ll never forget… I think for me it’s now about what’s the purpose and what’s the goal that Chris Brown as a person and Chris Brown as an artist is trying to portray. For me I just learned that nobody’s invincible, everybody’s equal, at the same time no amount of celebrity status, no amount of how many fans love you, no amount of anything can deter you away from the real if you make a mistake and nobody’s excusable… I think for me it was a humbling experience for me to become a man and mature,” he confessed to the talk show host.

Breezy must have really enjoyed the prison fare, because he admits packed on more than a few pounds during his time behind bars. "My normal weight is like 180, I was 215 when I got out of jail… I couldn't fit in my jeans, fit in my clothes. I was scared to go out, I was like 'man, people will see me and I look fat 'so after a while I went and played a lot of basketball, a lot of cardio, we did the New Flame video, BET awards, a couple of other shows, I was always dancing, always dancing, trying to get my body back," he explained.

The singer is known for his bad temper, but he claims he has recently learned to embrace therapy. "I see my therapist twice a week, it’s amazing and I was at first adamant about it, like, ‘I don’t want to go to therapy, I’m not going to talk to anybody,’ but as I went through it and kept talking, it’s actually very therapeutic. For me it was more of an opportunity for me to understand my feelings and understand what I was dealing with in my own life… at a time I didn’t know how to put those feelings out there, I didn’t know how to say it, I didn’t know how to express myself without it being anger or aggression because I felt a certain way, but now it’s more of me being able to control it and understand it." Let's hope he's a changed man! Most people don't gain weight in the slammer!

Click To View Video Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment