Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

Dawn French marriage to Mark Bignell not slowed TV star down as solo career is big success

 The one: Dawn with boyfriend Mark Bignel

 You should never meet your idols, so the saying goes. At 14, when I saw Dawn French tell the nation of a chocolate orange: “It’s not Terry’s, it’s mine”, I think I fell in love. (She sealed the deal by cramming 16 Brussels sprouts in her mouth a few years later). Upon first meeting I was, understandably, a tad nervous – terrified that the fun, sparky, self-deprecating act was, in fact, just that. An act. Happily, within minutes, I am smitten. She makes me belly-laugh three times, and I cannot stop staring at that shiny, glossy, chestnutty-fringed mop of hair . I want Dawn to adopt me.Unlike most celebrities, she is doing this interview as a favour. Mid-way through her 30 Million Minutes tour, she no longer has anything to promote – she simply knows I’m a fan.

In the celebrity world, this is rarer than a Katie Price frown. For the past 30 years, Dawn has been a mainstay of primetime TV as half of French and Saunders and also the glossier-haired other half of ex-husband Lenny Henry . Now, aged 56, she has struck out on her own professionally while forming a brand new duo with husband Mark Bignell. Within seconds of clapping eyes on Mark three years ago, Dawn realized he was The One. “When I saw him, straight away I knew,” she says with a smile.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment