Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Nigerian Artistes Should Stop Freestyling Songs Says Artiste, Cheekuh


Entrant on the Nigerian music scene, Babanchiko Gimba Galadima aka as Cheekuh, is gradually building a large fan base for himself with his latest single accompanied with a video ‘Loke loke’ which is currently enjoying massive airplay in various Nigerian media stations. The Bida, Niger state born artiste, has added his voice of fellow artistes to take out time to compose quality songs to help make impart in the society, rather than making freestyle. According to Cheekuh, people accept the kind of songs artistes play because they have no alternative knowing well that there is no impart in the song. I don’t freestyle. I believe music should not be freestyled. I believe music should be composed. There should be an intro, a body, the chorus, the hook and then the outro. It should be given a second thought before you drop any line. That is what I believe music should be all about. I write all my songs,” he noted.

He further expressed that, “I still wonder why artistes go by the way of freestyling because they feel that it is what the people want, not knowing that the people take it because they have no alternative. They are beginning to want what they have since they can’t get what they want. I don’t know the secret behind the acceptance of such songs but to me, as an artiste, I feel there should be more to it. If you want to produce songs of international standard, you have to do it properly.” What do you think about this?

1 comment: