Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Woman “Aminat Akanni” Arrested By Police For the Abduction And Murder Of Her Step-Children In Lagos State Nigeria

Aminat-Akanni, who abducted her step-kids, and buries one in the Soak-away Pit

A report reaching to me has it that a woman named Aminat Akanni was earlier today arrested by the men of the Nigerian Police force following a tip-off that she had on the 3rd October abducted two of her step-children, which was supposedly the just concluded Sallah day celebration by the Muslims in Nigeria, and since then, the two kids have not been seen.

It was through the complaint of her Husband and the father of these kids “Moshood Mubo”  to the Nigerian Police that led to the investigations that later revealed the whereabouts of the kids, which got their step-mother, Mrs Aminat Akanni enrobed. So when Police placed her under some close-doors investigation, she narrated how she abducted the two kids from Church Street, Lagos Island where they lived, because she got sad that her husband, couldn't buy clothes for her own son to celebrate the Sallah.  It was as a result that she decided to murder the two step-kids of her husband by pushing the younger one Nofisat, into a Soak-away pit beside a mosque at Orile Area in Lagos state. These two kids were reported to be 7 and 4-years old respectively, and they are in Primary 1, and Nursery 4.

In the words of the husband and father of the abducted kids, which was culled from Punch Newspaper states thus;


“I married Aminat in 2010. In order to avoid a crisis at home, I rented an apartment for her at Mosalashi Street, Alakara in Orile. She has only one son for me. His name is Yusuf. She does not come to Church Street, Lagos Island where I live with my first wife.

“What happened was that on the evening of Friday, October 3, when I returned from work- just a day to the Sallah celebrations- I sent the two children to go buy biscuits in front of the street. That was around 7pm. We expected them till around 9pm. I was shocked. I quickly rushed to the Adeniji Adele Police Division, and reported the incident.

“Believe me, I and their mother, Funmilayo, could not sleep all through that night. We were walking around throughout the night from one police division to the other, repeating the same thing. The whole Sallah celebration was a sad one as I looked for my two children. Little did I know that it was my second wife who sneaked into our area to abduct them.”

While in the words of the kids mother, ‘Mrs Fumilayo’ she says;

Aminat killed my daughter. She made us to have a sorrowful Sallah. We were running around police stations. She said she wanted to punish me and my husband because she was having issues with us. So, why did she not come after us, why after my two children?”

It was said that as at the time of this report, this said murderer Mrs Aminat is under the police custody which was confirmed by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu.
This is a very callous act, and my condolences to the parents of the kids, because this is a a big-blow to them.

Photo credit by Punch News

No comments:

Post a Comment